httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Kraemer <Martin.Krae...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>
Subject Re: Flame bait: Apache-2.0 on Unix is almost unusable.
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:44:41 GMT
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 10:04:58PM +0100, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Thank you for the
> reports.  If you have the time to get more information, please do so.

Sorry, I noticed too late that the mod_negotiation bug already appeared
on the list.

> At
> the very least, can we get the configuration you used?

Plain vanilla. "configure --prefix=/somewhere", make, make install.
Only changed the port# and prepared for activating modules later:
diff httpd-std.conf httpd.conf
209c209
< Port 80
---
> Port 8007
231c231
< ServerAdmin you@your.address
---
> ServerAdmin WebMaster+Apache2.0@deejai.mch.fsc.net
306c306
< UserDir public_html
---
> UserDir WWW
312,323c312,323
< #<Directory /home/*/public_html>
< #    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
< #</Directory>
---
> <Directory /home/*/WWW>
>     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
> </Directory>
467c467
< ServerSignature On
---
> ServerSignature EMail
755,756c755,756
< #AddType text/html .shtml
< #AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
---
> AddType text/html .shtml
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
843,844c843,844
< #<Location /server-status>
< #    SetHandler server-status
---
> <Location /server-status>
>     SetHandler server-status
848c848
< #</Location>
---
> </Location>
855,856c855,856
< #<Location /server-info>
< #    SetHandler server-info
---
> <Location /server-info>
>     SetHandler server-info
860c860
< #</Location>
---
> </Location>

> Some of the bugs may be the platform you are on, especially if you are
> using threads.  That doesn't mean FreeBSD doesn't support Apache 2.0, but
> FreeBSD has some known problems with threads and some functions, so we are
> trying our best to work around those problems, and many of these problems
> may go away if you use the prefork MPM.

Thanks -- will try!

  Martin
--