httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 02:23:35 GMT
On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 06:15:35PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > Apache 1.3 did this by simply never changing r->content_type. It just poked
> > a new value into headers_out instead. Could we do the same thing?
>
> Probably.  I assumed you stored this in r->content_type because that's
> what 1.3 did.

hehe... if I did it, then "my bad!" :-) ... I just pulled up 1.3 to see what
it was doing because I didn't recall saving the content-type off to the
side.

Ah. It looks like a "simplification" where Content-Type: header is set()
into the headers_out table. 1.3 had some more complex logic than we have
today.

I bet it *is* my fault... I'll record a STATUS entry and come back to it
later. Your fix certainly works, but we probably don't want filters/handlers
thinks that we're working with a multipart document (since we aren't: we're
working with <orig_ct> and only at the very edge of the output stack do we
break it down into the byte ranges and into a multipart).

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/