httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject release method for 2.0
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:38:37 GMT
I want to change the way we are numbering and producing releases.
We got onto a wrong track after the 0.8 releases and have been
constipated ever since.  I want to go back to producing a version
every week or two (when the tree is not in mid-change) and decide
after the fact what quality to assign it:

   snap  --  just a CVS snapshot, may not compile
   alpha --  packaged release that is believed to compile
             but hasn't been tested under production conditions
   beta  --  packaged release that is known to compile on at
             least three platforms and believed to be ready
             for production use

   current:  public release of latest code
   stable:   public release of best code

What it requires is a change to the way we mark the version in the
source (something I was going to do anyway), a scripted release
process, and my time to do the RM stuff until we get it back to
a consisent process.

Are there any objections to me doing the above?

....Roy