httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:15:27 GMT
On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 03:04:56PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On 24 Jan 2001 stoddard@apache.org wrote:
>
> > stoddard    01/01/24 14:47:58
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_core.c http_protocol.c
> >   Log:
> >   Remove the COALESCE_FILTER. It is no longer needed since Greg committed his ap_r*
> >   buffering patch.
>
> Um, I would rather you didn't do this.  Greg's patch fixed the core, but
> it doesn't solve the problem for other filters.  Covalent is working on
> code that generates a lot of small buckets.  Without the coalesce filter
> in the core, we am forced to put it in our module.  I believe other
> modules will have this same problem.

I might tend to agree with Ryan on this one. The coalesce filter still has a
purpose, but just not as obvious any more.

We may want to avoid inserting it by default, and just have people request
it explicitly if/when they are going to generate a lot of little buckets.

[ and/or add a brigade-write system to avoid little buckets ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/