httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include httpd.h
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:24:54 GMT
jim@apache.org wrote:

>  Bump to 1.3.16... Could not do a *complete* retagging of the
>  1.3.15 tree ("APACHE_1_3_15 already exists on version 1.898 :
>  NOT MOVING tag to version 1.899", for example) so we need
>  to bump to 1.3.16 and release that.

              `cvs  tag' will not move a tag that already exists.
              With the -F option, however,  `cvs  tag'  will  re-
              locate  any  instance  of symbolic_tag that already
              exists on that file to the new repository versions.
              Without  the -F option, attempting to use `cvs tag'
              to apply a tag that already  exists  on  that  file
              will produce an error message.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
" ``Well, let's go down and find out who's grave it is.''