httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Both ap_r* patches.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 01:32:28 GMT
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 04:57:19PM -0800, Doug MacEachern wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Jan 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > I'm not too conerned with the performance differences.  The two patches
> > seem to have about the same performance when the code is working.  Bugs we
> > can fix after the commit.  The question is really the design of the two
> > patches.  Either we use a filter, or we use a brigade API.
>
> all i can really offer at the moment is feedback on performance and
> functionality.  i know just enough about filters to use the api, not
> enough to comment on the design of each patch.  i'm too clueless to debug
> greg's patch, but i could write a C version of the Perl Apache::rwrite
> exercise if that helps at all.

And I've already found the problem in my patch. Unfortunately, I
accidentally grabbed just a tidbit of OtherBill's apr_stat change. Now I'm
grabbing the whole mother and rebuilding to do a final test.

I'll also reissue my patch in a moment (after OtherBill's change and with a
small suggestion from Greg Marr).

Cheers,
-g

--