httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@MeepZor.Com>
Subject Possible breakage in 1.3.15
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 19:14:16 GMT
I am getting a name vhost matching failure in 1.3.16-dev when a
non-default port is used.  I am hoping someone can
double-check this..

If a non-default port is used, the Host header field is
going to contain something like "foo.com:8000".  That is
going to go into r->hostname, which is used by check_hostaliases()
in http_vhost.c.  And it is going to fail at line 876:

        if (!strcasecmp(host, sar->virthost)) {

because it will be comparing "foo.com:10000" against "foo.com".
So *all* requests fall back to the 'default' catchall vhost.

I have only noticed this in 1.5.15-dev and later; I am not sure
whether it was in earlier versions or not, and I am writing
this on a plane w/o access to the webcvs stuff.

Can someone try running some name vhosts on a server with a
port number other than 80 and see if they work?  Or if they
fall back to the catchall?

I don't have a fix yet; I am not positive it is a genuine
problem..

If anyone can reproduce this, I think it is a showstopper for
1.3.16..
--
#ken	P-)}