httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server config.c
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 20:55:08 GMT
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 12:46:29PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > >   Add a call to apr_hook_deregister_all() in the clear_module_list function.
> > >   The basic problem was that when we load the modules, we call the
> > >   register_hooks() function from the module, but then we clear the module
> > >   list for all active modules, and add them back in one at a time.  When we
> > >   add them back, we re-call the register_hooks() function, thus adding
> > >   each function a second time.  This was causing apache.org to log every
> > >   request twice in the access log.  By calling apr_hook_deregister_all()
> > >   when we unload the module, the second call to register the hooks is the
> > >   only call that matters.
> >
> > I think you've identified a more subtle problem. The registrations should
> > have happened within the command pool, which should have been cleared as the
> > modules were unloaded.
>
> The problem is that we are really only talking about the prelinked modules
> here.  We don't have access to the command pool when we are setting those
> up.  We could modify that API pretty easily to do this right however.

If we could... that would be great. And re: your STATUS change: yes, I'd
think that both AddModule and ClearModuleList would go away. With the hook
and handler ordering, I wouldn't think there is any more reason to need to
use AddModule to "establish an ordering [of modules]".

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/