httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: DON'T TOUCH APACHE 1.3.15 TREE
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2001 00:57:52 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> > While tagging the 1.3.15 CVS tree on apache.org, CVS died with a seg
> > fault, leaving a lock on /home/cvs/apache-1.3/src/os/win32...
> >
> > The deal is, we need to remove the lock, and hope that we can reTAG
> > the tree.
>
> Hmmmm... I'll try tagging remotely. Locally I get:
>
>     cvs tag: Tagging src/os/tpf/samples
>     cvs tag: Tagging src/os/unix
>     cvs tag: Tagging src/os/win32
>     Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Nope... something is seriously hosed on the server. Trying remotely
I get:

    cvs server: Tagging src/os/tpf/samples
    cvs server: Tagging src/os/unix
    cvs server: Tagging src/os/win32
    Terminated with fatal signal 11
    Core dumped; preserving /tmp/cvs-serv58298 on server.
    CVS locks may need cleaning up.

I'm going to clean up the locks and, to be safe, we'll bump up to
1.3.16 and try once we get this fixed up.