httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <>
Subject Re: module declaration inconsistencies
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:58:42 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <> wrote:
>But tagging the imported modules as AP_DECLARE_DATA would be
>very bad, since that would tell the compiler (which is linking
>-into- libhttpd.dll) that all those are imports, not exports.
>And you cannot define an 'imported' symbol (or why the heck
>would you be importing it, anyways.)

So AP_DECLARE_DATA, which seems to be used by most modules, is wrong?

Another question before I have a go at 1.3, should core_module be
API_VAR_EXPORT or MODULE_VAR_EXPORT? It doesn't make a practical
difference; I'm just wondering wehat the semantics are in this case.

"Well, as long as they can think we'll have our problems.
But those whom we're using cannot think."

View raw message