httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Seg fault in mod_dav.
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 20:08:06 GMT
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 06:29:19AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > Excellent. You rock. This keyed me right in on the problem. I wasn't seeing
> > the fault because my deletions of collections were succeeding. You were
> > running into some kind of error, and BAM! :-)
> >
> > The basic issue is that dav_add_response() assumes a certain value in
> > wres->walk_ctx which isn't being filled in when a deletion occurs. It isn't
> > supposed to, so dav_add_response needs to change.
> > [ this bug was introduced when I cleaned up the walk structures and handling
> >   a couple months ago ]
> >
> > Fix coming momentarily...
>
> Cool, and I'm REALLY glad I didn't have to track that down.  :-)  I never
> would have found that bug.

Oh... you would have seen the walk_ctx == NULL and tracked it back into
dav_fs_delete_resource, finding that it wasn't setting that field. But yah:
at that point, you probably would have thrown up your hands :-)

It is actually a good reminder for me to continue cleaning up the walk stuff
some more. I'll leave a note for myself in STATUS :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/