httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Seg fault in mod_dav.
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:59:29 GMT
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 03:42:03PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > It is definately reproducable on my machine.  There are no other seg
> > > faults on that machine.  The other seg faults are on apache.org.  I'll
> > > investigate this more.
> >
> > If you can get a backtrace, then I shouldn't have a problem figuring it out.
>
> Sorry it took me so long to get this.

Not a problem.

> I am on FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE, and I am using the prefork MPM.  I can
> reproduce this problem VERY easily,

Now that I see the problem, I can repro it very easily, too :-)

> Anyway, here's the stacktrace:

Excellent. You rock. This keyed me right in on the problem. I wasn't seeing
the fault because my deletions of collections were succeeding. You were
running into some kind of error, and BAM! :-)

The basic issue is that dav_add_response() assumes a certain value in
wres->walk_ctx which isn't being filled in when a deletion occurs. It isn't
supposed to, so dav_add_response needs to change.
[ this bug was introduced when I cleaned up the walk structures and handling
  a couple months ago ]

Fix coming momentarily...

Thx!
-g