httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: FINAL_* flags ?
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:56:41 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> I don't like the name, but I don't have a better suggestion at the moment.

It's pretty much done. First of all, the APR hints file was
changed to "always" set the settings, no matter what. There
are some cases where we still check if null 1st, but that's the
exception rather than the rule now. Also, both APR and Apache's
hint file is a bit more vocal on what it's doing (I *hate* stuff
being adjusted without my knowing about it) and is "safe" with respect
to being called in series (i.e: we don't keep adding to CFLAGS).
Finally, NONAC_CFLAGS and NONAC_LDFLAGS are folded in when the
Makefiles are written, thus:

    NONAC_CFLAGS="-Werror" ./configure

works like we want. Note only those Makefiles generated by are so adjusted, even though these are available from
the environment for all other lower level configures.

   Jim Jagielski   [|]   [|]