httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: woah, "GET /" with autoindex
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:40:35 GMT
This kind of solution won't work. If you end up mixing ap_r* with bucket
calls, then you're screwed. The bucket would hit the chain before the
contents of the coalesce buffer.

And note that it would be quite easy for the mixture to happen. Handler H
starts writing some content with ap_r*(). Then, it calls ap_cool_utility(r)
which dumps some content via buckets. Oops!

The answer is to optimize ap_r* to not require so much allocation. It might
also be a good idea to insert a COALESCE filter IFF ap_r* gets called (e.g.
insert the filter on the first ap_r* call).

There was a question about whether other modules use ap_r* for lots of bits.
Absolutely... mod_dav is a simple example. PHP uses ap_r*, too.

Cheers,
-g

Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/