httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/prefork prefork.c
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:51:08 GMT
Ben Laurie wrote:

> Finally! But what we need is a way to set _arbitrary_ flags at the end.
> And it needs to propagate to all the other configures
> (--with-maintainer-mode doesn't currently, but it would become redundant
> anyway).

This is definitely something that will even more make our use of
Autoconf less and less like "normal" use. We already use the
"non-standard" (for autoconf that is) EXTRA_* stuff. Most likely,
some sort of other env vars that only take effect when the Makefiles
are being built...

I've no idea at all how this will effect 3rd party modules
though. Most likely, when their stuff is compiled (assuming
static) these "at-the-end" flags won't be used... maybe...

The propagation stuff will be the trickiest part.