httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Travis <jtra...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: index.html not served w/mod_autoindex active
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 20:52:08 GMT
On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 05:50:21PM +0000, Ben Laurie wrote:

> > > Since no-one else has expressed an opinion, I shall. :-)
> >
> > Cool.  I look forward to seeing it.  :-)  I am sorry that I held things up
> > this long.  I didn't realize that I was the bottleneck.  If I had, I would
> > have gotten out of the way much sooner.  :-)
>
> Don't sweat it - I didn't have time to do it any sooner, anyway!

I hope this is the correct thread to respond on this to, so here goes:

I just saw the commits which were made to hookize the handlers.  I have
a few comments:

    1 - AP_DECLARE_HOOK for the handler should probably not be in http_config.h
        It should probably be in http_request.h

    2 - A new hook prototype has been made.  One that takes the handlername, and
        the request.  This sucks.  Since the handler information is gleaned
        from the request anyway, why not keep the old prototype for the
        handler, and make the registered hook use some function to grab the
        handler from the request_rec?

    3 - Given #2, ap_invoke_handler should be split up.  handler_len isn't
        even used in that function ATM.  There should be another routine to
        grab the handler info (i.e. content_type, or handler, etc.)

-- Jon