httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/filters mod_include.c
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2001 10:42:12 GMT
On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 05:42:53PM -0500, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> Greg Stein <gstein@lyra.org> writes:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 08:45:13PM -0000, trawick@apache.org wrote:
> > > trawick     01/01/04 12:45:12
> > >
> > >   Modified:    modules/filters mod_include.c
> > >   Log:
> > >   Get rid of some warnings on Tru64 and OS/390.  void * isn't compatible
> > >   with function pointers.
> >
> > You're kidding.
>
> Huh?
>
> If by chance you mean that the sentence beginning with "void" is
> factually incorrect according to published standards, I'd like to
> know, as I'll contact the OS/390 compiler folks and see what they can
> do.  (I'll punt on Tru64 as I don't know how issues like this are
> handled.)

I thought that void* was compatible with all pointers (including func ptrs).
Dean posted a reply a bit ago that says otherwise (according to the specs,
and a couple demo cases he gave).

So ignore me :-)

[ actually, it *is* potentially a problem if a func ptr can't fit in a
  void*; that means the hash table is simply broken on some platforms ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/