httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: mod_so/7008: Hard-coded dlopen flags (RTLD_GLOBAL) Ref: mod_so.c and unix.c
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2001 03:23:15 GMT
Gopi Krishna Bhavaraju <gopi@pspl.co.in> wrote:

>If two modules are have same function name define in them the Solaris
>operationg system always uses the first definition available at run-time
>as these modules are loaded using RTLD_GLOBAL flag, which leads to
>core dump.
>
>However it works fine if I load them using RTLD_LOCAL flag in
>ap_dso_load() function in file src/os/unix/os.c.
>
>That means each module code space is not protected by Apache web-server
>at run-time, unless I modify the Apache source code itself, which I
>can not do as my modules will be used for proprietory purposes.

Can anyone explain the following log message from src/os/unix/os.c in
more detail? What sort of modules are "their own modules"? Language
extension modules or Apache modules?

revision 1.12
date: 1998/07/10 18:29:50;  author: rasmus;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -2
Set the RTLD_GLOBAL dlopen mode parameter to allow dynamically loaded
modules to load their own modules dynamically.  This improves mod_perl
and mod_php3 when these modules are loaded dynamically into Apache.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
"Because all you of Earth are idiots!"