httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apr/file_io/win32 filestat.c dir.c
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2001 06:44:29 GMT
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:39 AM

> I'm seriously asking myself if we need all three access info fields, however.
> Each one costs buku cpu, so if we can reduce from three to simply world, we would
> be in much better shape.  I'll be researching tommorow.  One option would be to
> set up some option in the MPM to disable groups, users, or specific protections
> from the server's processing, and that's my first likely target.  [Many Win32
> installations will never create the group or set up group permissions, although
> they can.  For most, these two are worthless.]

Tommorow is a big grep, by the way, for all the places we tested finfo->protection
as our guiding star that the file exists.  This is a -very- lousy test on any system
that doesn't implement the one true unix security schema.  It doesn't even work on
several unix-like implementations that can have another group or user permission
granting access while the 'official' three perms are zero.

Bill