httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Win32 Sources and Installer
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:52:47 GMT
One foolish thought,

  nearly nobody on Win32 actually uses the sources.  Is there any benefit
to retaining these files in the Win32 Binary Installer?

  They do take up a surprizing chunk of memory [and it is effectively the
win32 subset.]  The latest binaries:

-rc5 w/src    2,984,960
-rc5 w/o src  1,798,144

  I will be happy to continue rolling the .zip ball, and will write up the
instructutions for creating it if someone else would like a hand in it.  If
we will continue to distribute the full source tree, then I don't see a
reason to soak up the extra bandwidth.  [I don't expect folks to become
programmers just 'because' we threw the sources in.  Either they care, or
they don't.]

Bill