httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: ap_r* performance patch
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:31:36 GMT
From: "Doug MacEachern" <dougm@covalent.net>
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 5:35 PM

> the more i think about it, the more i really like apr_brigade_*
> being usable outside of the request_rec and outside of httpd.  libapr is
> rad, i've used it to write 3 libraries so far that work outside of httpd,
> an http/s client, rewrite of cybersource's client library and a generic
> credit card clearing house api.  filtering in the http/s client would be
> useful and i could use apr_brigade_* instead of BIO_* in the cybersource
> client.

Ack... after looking at this, we have three patches that require some slight
touchup (each of them), so I'm still +1 for applying rbb's more generic and
portable implementation and fix what folks feel needs to be fixed.

It's great to see apr actually gaining converts, I think the even bigger
success of 2.0 may be systems that leverage apr on several fronts.

Bill