httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: AddOutputFilter enhancement
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:50:02 GMT

> IMHO, a complete re-org of the filter directives is required.  I believe I
> have outline this on the list before, but I will explain it more now.
>
> This is a three directive combination.
>
> 1)  SetupFilterStack   Stack_name   filter1 filter2 etc
> 2)  AddFilterStack     Stack_name   extension1 extension2 etc
> 3)  SetFilterStack     Stack_name   mime-type1 mime-type2 etc

Isn't the Files directive was a pretty elegant way to accomplish the same
thing w/o adding new directives?  All you need is to associate a set of
filters (and a load order) with a particular mime type/file extension (which
for our purposes are synonymous).  The Files directive seemed to enable that
quite nicely unless I am missing some function that your proposal enables that
you cannot do today.

Bill