httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: announce: apr_fileinfo_t change
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:05:50 GMT
From: "Bill Stoddard" <bill@wstoddard.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 7:39 AM

> > > windows has a stat() implementation in its libc for example, could you
> > > tell me how stat() is slow and what the alternative is?
> >
> > stat() on win32 isn't slow.  It's wrong.
>
> It's slow.

Slower than findfirstfile?  But yes, definately slow as well.

I won't be adding cycles, just changing them for clarity.  I expect two thirds
of all win32 info/find/dir calls to disappear these next three days.  Bear
with me, please, or this will be near impossible to follow what Bill has done
or why.  Easier to illustrate what we need, and how to eliminate.

I'm very anxious to follow up on a TwoBills concept of hanging onto the 'stat'
handle and using it for file opens (or visa versa, stating a 'file' with the
prexisting handle, idea compliments to rbb.)