httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: module declaration inconsistencies
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:12:53 GMT
> So AP_DECLARE_DATA, which seems to be used by most modules, is wrong?

If it's not linked to the core?  Yes.  It's acceptable in the following,
although it doesn't make much difference since the linker 'sees' them
without any extra help:

  &core_module,
  &mpm_winnt_module,
  &so_module,
  &mime_module,
  &access_module,
  &auth_module,
  &negotiation_module,
  &includes_module,
  &autoindex_module,
  &dir_module,
  &cgi_module,
  &userdir_module,
  &alias_module,
  &env_module,
  &config_log_module,
  &asis_module,
  &imap_module,
  &action_module,
  &setenvif_module,
  &isapi_module,

> Another question before I have a go at 1.3, should core_module be
> API_VAR_EXPORT or MODULE_VAR_EXPORT? It doesn't make a practical
> difference; I'm just wondering wehat the semantics are in this case.

Correct, no difference.  I'd suggest MODULE_VAR_EXPORT is possibly
clearer in any case, unless we actually mean to 'import' a module
symbol.  I don't believe we ever do so.