httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Just noticed...
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:47:10 GMT

> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 05:54:43PM -0500, Bill Stoddard wrote:
> > The windows make files are in the source tree.  This is rather annoying when I
> > do a cvs diff -u from the top of the tree (or a cvs commit from the top) as
> > the makefiles are no longer kept up to date. Can we either keep the files up
> > to date or nuke them completely (which is what I though we decided to do for
> > 2.0 anyway)
>
> When people are building tarballs on Unix, how would they create the .mak
> files?

Sorry, I was specifically referring to the Windows make files.  I tend to like to generate
new
makefiles from the .dsp project files and do my compiles from the command line. If I change
a lot of
code then expect to do a cvs commit from the root directory, I get all the diffs to the makefiles
as
well which is a RPIB.

> When OtherBill perfects his makefile generator, then I presume that
> we can toss the .mak files and just insert a step in the release process to
> generate them (or mebbe they'd be created all the time by buildconf).

Okay...

Bill