httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Both ap_r* patches.
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:02:39 GMT

First, it helps everywhere, because a single call to apr_stat() opens the file
handle, gets most stats (including inode), and having just cached that folder
in the filesystem, we strike again with a dir against the file to determine it's
whole name.  Now apr_stat returns, and if it's a servable page, we open the
file from the apr_finfo_t structure which cached the 'no-read/no-write' file
handle, dup it with read permissions, and bang.  If not, and it's a directory,
I'm envisioning some major overhauls of the semantic to leverage the apr_finfo_t
we get out of apr_dir_read() ... on win32 we obliviate the need to stat at all!
But that's rework that may not happen before beta 2.

Bill

answers our questions
about the true case of the filename on win32