httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject RE: Apache 2.0 beta STATUS
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 05:56:55 GMT

How is this possible unless we invoke a subrequest?  Subrequests are very
simple to protect within Apache, even if the author 'forgets'.  But this is
no different than using different xwrite() calls against a yopen()ed file.
Mix your metaphores and you can sink a program.

I'll think on this another night.  And [sorry I already clipped the text],
on the comment of 'fixing apache' v.s. 'fixing apr', I'm very strongly
against leaving useful mechanisms in apache when an equivilant mechanism
exists to migrate them cleanly into apr.  If it were a case of "here's the
Apache patch, and we'll finish moving it to apr in three weeks", I'd say
great!  Let's roll the beta and move it afterwards!  But we aren't - again,
I'm seeing two methods that would both solve our problem, with different
requirements on the authors.

Please, Greg and Ryan, document -simply- where your patch stands up and
the other falls down, so I can grok this quickly without wadeing chin
deep in the filtering mechanics!

Bill