httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject RE: Rename update
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:19:59 GMT

That is, the AP_DECLARE/IMPLEMENT_HOOK_(foo...) invokes the big ugly macro
APR_DECLARE/IMPLEMENT_EXTERNAL_HOOK_(ap,APR,foo...), I think this answers
your concern.

> > The namespace arg, e.g. ap for apache, dav for, well, dav, etc, would
> > make sure that each application's hooks are actually registered to that
> > application. Does this idea basically appeal?  If so, the rename should
> > be completed in 15 minutes or so.
> As long as we aren't required to pass "ap" to all the hook macros in Apache.
> For the guys that have their own hooks (mod_dav, mod_include), it seems fine
> to me to require their declarations to pass a namespace (if it gets onerous,
> those modules can always define simpler covers that automagically pass the
> namespace).

Ack.  Dav invokes with (dav,DAV,something_useful...) and Apache doesn't need
to, since it has a two line wrapper.

> I'm thinking that you have two changes:
>     dav_run_something_useful()
>     dav_hook_something_useful()

That's the idea.

> One in the registration, and one to run the darn thing.
> Seems fine.

15 minutes then.

View raw message