httpd-dev mailing list archives

From dean gaudet <dgaudet-list-new-ht...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: http://dev.apache.org/devnotes
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:35:44 GMT
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > is there a module that does both of these?  (if not, why not?)
>
> No, because the last time we used modules to do stuff like this, we had
> all sorts of headaches

huh, such as?

> and as you have discovered, not all Apache
> developers have access to apr.

yuck.  why not?  it would seem to make sense that if folks had access to
apr when it was part of apache-2.0 they should continue to have access to
apr.  (i understand that there's folks from other projects who now have
access to apr who never had access to apache-2.0.)

> > why doesn't apr have a version associated with it?
>
> Because we currently use HEAD.  As soon as we hit beta this will change,
> but for now, the two are changing as a pair.
>
> > oh hmm i don't have access to apr.
>
> Please use the anoncvs method to get apr and apr-util.  If you want access
> to APR, we can give it to you, but it may take a few hours.

yeah please, i'd like continued access to code i've contributed to in the
past :)

i suppose that means i also want access to the documentation repositories.
are there any other splits i haven't discovered yet?

thanks
-dean

p.s. i suggest that for future splits that access not be restricted in
this way.  i've been wanting to jump in and test some of apache-2.0 and it
sucks to have to spend a bunch of time coming up to date on the source
control rather than actually doing something useful.