httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Sascha Schumann <sas...@schumann.cx>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 configure.in
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:26:17 GMT
> That might work for libmain, if I could figure out our build system to
> implement it.  But, for apr-util, which must be usable outside of Apache
> as either a shared library or a static one, a convenience library isn't an
> option.

    Why cannot we create a two step process for apr-util then?

    1.  Create a convenience library.

    2.  Create a normal libtool library, pulling in the
        convenience library.

    Apache could then use the lib produced in step 1, while the
    result from step 2 would be installed (or whatever you are
    doing with it).

    - Sascha