httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Finally found the problems. :-(
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:05:42 GMT

> There was also the issue that I asked once: after a BRIGADE_CONCAT, we need
> to destroy the second brigade, right? Maybe there should be a utility
> function that appends a second brigade to the first, then destroys the
> second. Use that everywhere rather than BRIGADE_CONCAT (in fact, we could
> remove the latter and directly use the RING macros within the function).

This is untrue.  After a BRIGADE_CONCAT, we do not need to destroy the
second brigade.  Brigades are allocated out of a pool, and they are very
small.  We are actually better off just letting the pool stuff take care
of this.  If we destroy the pool right away, we are just wasting time in
the middle of the request.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131