httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: filter return values
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 22:58:07 GMT

What happens when you return the actual HTTP error code.  The way this is
supposed to work, is that a filter returns an HTTP error code, and the
handler should detect that, and return the same code.  From there, it
should work the same way returning an HTTP error from a handler worked in
1.3.

Ryan

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> filters return an apr_status_t, is there a status to trigger
> HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR?  for example, the filter callback calls a
> Perl routine that throws a Perl runtime error (e.g. Perl method not found,
> syntax error, etc.)  if i return something like APR_EINVAL i get 'document
> contains no data'.  i can pass the brigade untouched, but that doesn't
> seem right to ignore the error.  do i need to generate my own server error
> brigade?  that doesn't seem right either, how would ErrorDocument's catch
> that?

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131