httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/build build.mk config-stubs
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 06:07:20 GMT

> # > t
> ./modules/generators/config5.m4
> ./modules/aaa/config.m4
> ./modules/bvv/config65.m4
> ./modules/ccc/config45.m4
> ^D
> # cat t | sed 's#\(.*/config\)\(.*\.m4\)#\2\1#' | sort -n
> .m4./modules/aaa/config
> 5.m4./modules/generators/config
> 45.m4./modules/ccc/config
> 65.m4./modules/bvv/config

This is basically what we are doing now, except that we use sort -n -b,
which just ignores any blank spaces before the name.  The -b is really not
necessary, since we define what the input is.  In reality, we know that we
will always get a list of strings of the format

config[0-9]*.m4./foo/bar/baz

So, we could just remove the config and .m4, but having them there makes
converting back to the original string easier.

Consider which is easier to convert:

5./foo/bar/baz/config.m4
./foo/bar/baz/config.m4

or
config5.m4./foo/bar/baz
config.m4./foo.bar/baz

I believe the second is easier to convert, because config and .m4 provide
boundaries to the portion that may change in each string.  The fact that
sort on OpenBSD when used without any arguments leads me to believe that
we should continue to use -n with or without -b.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131