httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 configure.in
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:11:54 GMT

> Why aren't we installing aprutil? If we install Apache, then we really need
> to install aprutil, too!

Because the Makefile for aprutil doesn't have a make install, and even if
it did, where would it go, and how would you direct it there?

> And no, we wouldn't (usually) need LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That is one of the
> things that libtool helps us with. It will pass the -rpath switch during a
> link so that the app knows where to pick up the library. If the platform
> doesn't support -rpath, then libtool does some other neat hand-waving to
> make it work.

Does that mean that we have to install the library in the same relative
path as it was built in?  For example, if the relative path to the library
at build time is srclib/apr-util does that mean that it needs to be
installed in srclib/apr-util, or can it be installed in libs/?

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131