httpd-dev mailing list archives

Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:07:36 GMT

> > > I don't understand this one. This is what the exports were for. Why this
> > > change?
> >
> > Because that's not the way libtool works.  If you use the .la file, it is
> > always treated as a shared library.  That is just the way that libtool
> > works, if I understand the docs.
>     I'm not sure why you ignored my comment last time, but you
>     are looking for libtool convenience libraries (which don't
>     behave like shared libraries).  Those allow you to do this
>     job cleanly without relying on implementation details.

That might work for libmain, if I could figure out our build system to
implement it.  But, for apr-util, which must be usable outside of Apache
as either a shared library or a static one, a convenience library isn't an
option.  I didn't ignore your message either.  I looked through our
build system, and couldn't see an easy way to turn on a convenience
library for a single directory, so I just did something that I know would

Ryan Bloom
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

View raw message