httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject RE: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/http http_protocol.c
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2000 18:28:39 GMT

> Ryan, 1st, the response of 10-20/* is valid if we don't
> know the segment.  2nd, is this one-way, eg. if the user
> requests 20-30,0-19 will we die if the input is a pipe
> bucket, for example?

1)  I'm not convinced that ever worked in Apache.  I will need to look
closer.  My initial impression is that because we need to check the
ranges, we need to have the c-l.

2)  This does work with 20-30,0-19 if the input is a pipe.  We get the
whole content, then we parse it to find the ranges.  This is why we have
to keep the whole request in memory to do byteranges.

> I'm not against a sort-merge function in 2.0 (in 1.3, I believe it's
> overkill.)

A sort-merge function is wrong.  According to the spec, we SHOULD keep the
response in the same order as the ranges were requested.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131