httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: Code Re-org.
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2000 14:27:29 GMT
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 fielding@ebuilt.com wrote:

> Catching up on old mail while sitting in an IETF session...
>
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2000 at 07:42:35PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > As long as you are going to do the code re-org, can I impose on you to do
> > one more thing?  Currently we are using a hosed repository for MM, because
> > I started by importing it the first time, but I didn't really understand
> > how to upgrade MM when a new version came out, so I used commit to get the
> > new version into CVS.  This will make it hard to import new versions of MM
> > in the future.  Could you fix this?
>
> I didn't do this only because I never reorg'd apr and it didn't seem
> safe to do it myself -- sounds like a good idea though.

At this point, I am waiting for Ralf to release the next version of
MM.  We need to do a lot of munging when that happens, because I hacked in
a solution that he is adding to the core of MM.  Chances are he won't use
my solution, so there will be conflicts.  Rather than do this twice, I'm
just waiting.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131