httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/modules/generators config.m4
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:40:20 GMT

> > As I mentioned in my response to that, I realize that, but we need to be
> > able to build cgi and cgid.  Currently, we always build CGI, which won't
> > kill us.  We need to start adding config.m4 files in the correct order,
> > but I haven't looked into that yet.
>
> I came up with a solution for that a long while back. The basic idea was to
> add a couple digits into the config.m4 file name (e.g. config00.m4 or
> config50.m4) on the config files that needed particular ordering. The "find"
> would then sort them and use that ordered set for processing. config.m4
> files with no digits could be sorted first, last, or the middle as we decide
> (I think my demo sorted them first).
>
> The line of "find" code was posted here a while back. I can dig it up if
> this approach sounds somewhat reasonable.

That has some interesting properties that I kind of like.  Imagine putting
two configxxx.m4 files in the same directory.  The first could be added
and then later, after we had configured other parts of the server we would
grab the second.  That is really cool.  Yeah, I really like this
idea.  Have I said that enough?  My own opinion would be that config.m4
files would be inserted first, because that makes logical sense.  Same way
that "an" comes before "and" in the dictionary.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131