httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: IPv6 notes
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2000 14:54:36 GMT

> 1) listen and vhost directives and internal structures need to
>    allow IPv4 or IPv6 addresses
>
>    Listen and NameVirtualHost change from TAKE1 to TAKE12 so that
>    the port can be provided as a separate parm when the host is
>    an IPv6 numeric address string  (what the fsck is "fe80::1:81"
>    -- fe80::1 with port 81 or fe80::1:81 with the default port?)

I thought that about a year ago we talked about using
[ip_addr]:port.  That may or may not be correct, but it is an idea.

> 5) mod_unique_id
>
>    Here are the comments from README.v6 in the KAME patch:
  <snipped for brevity>

Does using apr_uuid_t's solve this problem completely?

> 6) mod_proxy :(

I would say ignore mod_proxy for now.  The proxy is not working at all
after the move, and it will take some time to get it working again.

> APR todos:
>
> 1) apr_snprintf() and friends...
>
>    maybe... I don't see any code in Apache 1.3 or Apache 2.0 which uses this.
>    The KAME folks use it in their modifications to http_vhost.c.
>
>    Change %pI to take struct sockaddr * instead of just struct
>    sockaddr_in *.

This should change to take an apr_sockaddr_t regardless, shouldn't it?

> 2) is David's double reverse lookup routine in APR yet?

Nope.

Just some thoughts I had.

Ryan
406 29th St.