httpd-dev mailing list archives

From r..@covalent.net
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-2.0/src/support httpd.exp
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2000 01:39:05 GMT

> > Unfortunately, after getting the normal code working I went into the
> > WinNT MPM ('cause it too calls ap_new_connection()) and realized I
> > needed to do some research about whether or not the APR socket (built
> > via apr_put_os_sock()) is properly initialized on Windows.
>
> We should probably toss the apr_put_os_* functions and call them something
> like apr_os_make_*() and accept the particular OS object to construct the
> APR type.

Two questions.  1)  Why the name change?  2)  What particular OS object
are you talking about?

The reason I chose the apr_put_os_* name, is that it matches well with
apr_get_os_*.  Not that its important, but I would like the two functions
to be symetric, because they perform complimentary functions.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131