httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Ghent <da...@elemental.org>
Subject buildconf/configure problem?
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:50:06 GMT

Okay, for the life of me, I can't figure out if I'm doing anything wrong
here or not.

I checkout fresh versions of httpd-2.0, apr, and apr-util. I then run
./builconf in httpd-2.0, which does it's job of generating all the
configure stuffs there and in the various sub packages (apr, apr-util,
pcre, etc).

I then run ./configure in httpd-2.0 (./configure
--prefix=/local/apache-2.0 --with-mpm=dexter) and it starts, but seemingly
fails after configuring libtool. It does spit out an error... the output
looks like this:

[apache@lithium]/local/src/apache-dev/httpd-2.0#./configure
--prefix=/local/apache-2.0 --with-mpm=dexter
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Applying hints file rules for sparc-sun-solaris2.8
Applying hints file rules for sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for rm... /usr/bin/rm
checking dynamic linker characteristics... solaris2.8 ld.so
checking whether to build shared libraries... no
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
updating cache /dev/null
[apache@lithium]/local/src/apache-dev/httpd-2.0#

That obviously doesnt look right... and I noticed that the configure
script doesnt start right off the bat by creating a config.cache, as well.

Any thoughts?

/dale