httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <>
Subject RE:
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2001 00:11:41 GMT
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> First, I'd like to see a redirect from to where
> ever we agree to put it for a while yet.  It can be on it's own
> IP to prevent folks from actually 'using' it for anything but
> http, and then it's a permanent redirect for 6mos or so.

Sure; though given the content will probably be split up, it'll be a set
of redirects to maintain.

> The meat of the issue.  I think it's outrageous to expect every mirror
> to carry every topic of interest in the ASF.

The mirror discussion is orthogonal to this one; it should take place on, or continue the semi-related thread from

The site hierarchy discussion was happening on, not
new-httpd, since this isn't httpd-specific.

Back to the topic....

> What about the 'development' website?
> of course :-)  General development info to all projects would be
> at httpd:// ... cross-project guidelines etc.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.  There are also pages under that document CVS access, contributor policies, etc -
stuff that isn't project-specific.

View raw message