httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Austin Gonyou" <aus...@coremetrics.com>
Subject RE: Hold the Alpha for T+0200 please
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:54:24 GMT
If one configures with --prefix=/somedir/ that should take care of the
placement of the conf files right?
Austin

-----Original Message-----
From: William A. Rowe, Jr. [mailto:wrowe@rowe-clan.net]
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:53 AM
To: new-httpd@apache.org
Subject: RE: Hold the Alpha for T+0200 please

The mpm_winnt.c problem is resolved...

Clean checkout and build looks good, install is incomplete but
should work for a user that knows the usual s/@@ServerRoot@@/foo/
and can put the right conf files in place (I blew it... forgot
mime.types, and pointed my ServerRoot in the wrong directory
so I paniced that we didn't have error logging right!)

However, it brings up an issue... Alpha downloaders won't
instinctively know to look for the default conf files buried
over in docs ... any solutions?  I'll have a simple perl solution
cooked up asap to do the install as part of Makefile.win.

Bill