httpd-dev mailing list archives

From TOKI...@aol.com
Subject Re: [Win32] 1.3.15; my mod_foo.dll question on the table
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 02:59:52 GMT

In a message dated 00-12-20 02:35:40 EST, William Wrowe writes...

> "Some modules on Windows may be named as ApacheModuleFoo.dll or
>  something similar for historical reasons.  Whatever the module
>  is named, the LoadModule must specify that exact file name."
>
>  will be added to the mod_so.html doc.

Above and beyond the call of duty.

I didn't see any disclaimers from America Online when I just
installed new version 6.0 and not only did it change every
friggin name of every directory and file... it now 'secretly' launches
a personal Web Server on port 80 on your workstation which
immediately begins 'pre-downloading' advertisements the entire
time you are connected ( and remains running when you are not
connected. Are we having fun yet! ROFL ).

Cheeky little devils.

You should be more worried about the flood of Win32 messages
you are going to get about 'Bind Address failed... Port already in use'
from Win32 folks using AOL 6.0 than anyone bitching about internal
module name changes.

The killer will be that most of the messages will go something like this...

"I have been running Apache with AOL for some time now but
suddenly I get 'Bind' errors. What's wrong with Apache?"

Response that goes on Function key 12...

"Uninstall AOL 6.0 and return to 5.0".

Yours...
Kevin Kiley