httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Finally found the problems. :-(
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2000 23:03:54 GMT
On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 09:22:16AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> I am 99% sure I know where the leak is.  :-)  I have not verified this
> yet, but from a visual inspection, I am 99% sure that the problem is in
> the file buckets code, where we convert a file to an MMAP.  Basically, we
> are using a NULL pool to do this, which causes the MMAP to never be
> cleaned up properly.  This is a bad thing.  The general problem, is that
> we allow NULL pools to be used at all though.  I will hopefully have a
> solution for this problem later today.  However, I have good friends
> coming into town for tonight only, so this may have to wait until
> tomorrow.

There was also the issue that I asked once: after a BRIGADE_CONCAT, we need
to destroy the second brigade, right? Maybe there should be a utility
function that appends a second brigade to the first, then destroys the
second. Use that everywhere rather than BRIGADE_CONCAT (in fact, we could
remove the latter and directly use the RING macros within the function).

[ I'm not cozy enough with the ring stuff to know the answer to this
  offhand, but a quick look a while back seemed to indicate this ]

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/