httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: 2.0 has problems with request bodies?
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2000 07:51:23 GMT
> The problem is that Linux doesn't send 1 byte as a return, it sends two
> \r\n.  So, if you change the Content-Length to 2, you will get an
> immediate response.

I thought Joe was seeing a server crash due to an assert.

> What is happening right now, is that when we call check_pipeline_flush, it
> is checking the brigade to see if there is any data.  If so, we expect
> that there is a second request coming on this connection, and we should
> wait to send any data until the second request is processed.  Because
> there is a \n still on the socket, we see data and try to read the entire
> request.  When the second request is aborted, we just flush the output and
> close the connection.

I'm not sure if this is related, but the above check needs to read
past data that looks like an empty line CRLF (or just LF).  Otherwise,
we will pause for keepalive timeout at the end of every posted form
request, because Navigator and MSIE still send an extra CRLF at the
end of every POST.

....Roy