httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: config tests (was: Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/support ...)
Date Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:44:43 GMT
On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 04:52:12PM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > The "manual intervention" is to add "../apr/libapr.a" to the build line to
> > get all the symbols resolved for BeOS.  Doing this gives libtool a pause and
> > it only then builds the libaprutil.a library.  Of course when we come to the
> > final link stage and we pass libaprutil.la it then doesn't bother adding
> > anything to the linka nd so it fails with a good number of unresolved
> > symbols and I have to then add the library manually to get it completed...
> > :(
>
> Shouldn't the change to .libs/libaprutil.a have taken care of this for
> you?

He is referring to the link step of libaprutil itself.

It shouldn't be a problem to add @APR_SOURCE_DIR@/libapr.la to the link when
we get APR libtool'd. Until that point, we can add -L@APR_SOURCE_DIR@ -lapr
to the link line. That should be an acceptable patch until APR is libtool'd.

> > Have a merry christmas one and all, and Ryan try and spend some time with
> > your lovely wife will you??!!
>
> I'm gone to a b&b (with Kelly obviously) for the weekend, and the only
> computer I'm bringing doesn't have a modem, so don't expect to hear from
> me.  :-)

Um. Bringing a computer? It doesn't matter whether it has a modem or not. It
shouldn't be there.

;-)

Happy holidays,
-g