httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Beta rolls tomorrow.
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:06:42 GMT
On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 11:43:02AM +0200, Eli Marmor wrote:
> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > I am planning to commit some new files in the next few hours/early
> > tomorrow morning.  Those files will be things like the LICENSE file, a
> > README, binbuild.sh, etc.  There may be some other small commits to
> > Makefiles in preparation for the roll.
>
> <Please don't shoot me>
>
> Won't it be better to leave at least 24 hours between commiting
> binbuild.sh and rolling, so people will have the chance to test it
> under as many platforms as possible?  I understood that the changes
> to binbuild.sh were too major to just commit it in the last minute.

Nah. Creating binaries isn't a showstopper. The beta can go out, and if the
binbuild doesn't happen to work... ah well. The person building the binary
can always do it manually, edit binbuild first, or whatever...

Not that I'm a fan of holding to a date rather than doing the Right Thing,
but this isn't a stopper...

Cheers,
-g

--