httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: home for httpd sub-projects under httpd.apache.org?
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2000 02:10:05 GMT
On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 05:34:11PM -0800, Jim Winstead wrote:
> i'm putting together a web page for libapreq (which was created
> as an httpd subproject), and would like to stick the web page
> and tarball on httpd.apache.org somewhere. my current plan was at
> httpd.apache.org/apreq/, barring any better suggestions.

Sounds totally fine to me!

> (but should the tarball go in dist?)

Until we decide on a different way to distribute stuff... sure. httpd has
never shipped anything beyond a server, so it hasn't mattered. The XML and
Jakarta guys might have a better scheme for how they lay out their dist
directories.

> (sorry if this wasn't the right list. not sure who to ask about
> this one. why is the list of mailing addresses for the httpd project
> buried off in the foundation site, and the address for the pmc not
> listed? i'll fix this if anyone thinks it is worth doing so, and
> can tell me what the pmc address is.)

Historical. Hell... new-httpd@apache.org doesn't follow the right pattern,
now does it :-)

*) dev-server@httpd.apache.org is actually called new-httpd@apache.org

*) cvs-server@httpd.apache.org is actually called httpd-2.0-cvs@apache.org
     or apache-1.3-cvs@apache.org

*) pmc@httpd.apache.org is actually called apache-core@apache.org

I'm not really sure why we haven't created the new addresses yet and just
have the old ones be aliases for them. Simply getting a Round Tuit, I'd
guess.

Cheers,
-g

--