httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Finch <...@dotat.at>
Subject Re: protocol/6973: http_protocol.c isn't compatible with HTTP RFC
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:16:06 GMT
"William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

>One more observation.  If the code (existing or future) receives a range
>1001-1000 we don't fail the request.

Actually, in that case we do the right thing -- we ignore the header.

>OTOH, we need to be careful here, since a request for 1000-1001 from
>a 100 byte file would result in a 1000-99 style spec, which we should
>dishonor, but not fail the request if there are valid requests.

In that case we should generate a 406 error, which we don't currently do.

I think the current boolean return value from parse_byterange is
inadequate and it needs to become a three-way value: OK, ingore, and bad.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
"If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would never have believed it!"